The Promise, Law and Motto
On my Honour
That I will do my best
Do my duty to God and to the
To help other people
And to keep the Scout
'to Allah' is used by some who prefer this name for God
'to my Dharma' is used by some who have this name for their life force
'In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent the Most Merciful' can be used
at the start
'To uphold our Scout values' is used by some who prefer
a promise without God in it
'to my Country' is used in many countries that don't
have a Queen (or King) like us
In Makaton, simplified British Sign Language,
as a PDF
and a YouTube video
1. A Scout is to be trusted.
2. A Scout is loyal.
3. A Scout is friendly and considerate.
4. A Scout belongs to the world-wide family of Scouts.
5. A Scout has courage in all difficulties.
6. A Scout makes good use of time and is careful of possessions and property.
7. A Scout has self-respect and respect for others