Thank you for helping with the 28th Cambridge (St Johns) Cub Pack.
A CRB check is not required for this occasional assistance. For more frequent assistance, allowing greater involvement, a CRB check for this Scout District is required.
· At each event a leader will explain the programme and your role.
· Please start the evening at the front of the hall to the right of the flag.
· In the presence of leaders to help cubs in the activities.
· To generally observe interactions and alert leaders to positive behaviour and to any problems.
· To participate in games (as appropriate) making up numbers, demonstrating sportsmanship and refereeing.
· To accompany leaders with individuals and small groups.
· Never be alone with cubs (except your own children). Leaders should never be alone with cubs.
· No physical contact (in games or elsewhere).
· Abide by the ‘Yellow Card’ guidelines (click here for details).
· Observe the running of the pack and see what other skills and time you can offer.
· Ask – if in doubt.
· Have fun (we do – most of the time)
Thank you for your time. The presence of parents enables us to stand back
and observe the individual within the whole.